02 November 2010

A nice dinner surprise

Okay yes... our 3rd wedding Anniversary was a while ago now but I thought it would be worth making a post about the great town that Roy took me to for a scoot along the boardwalk of Lake Geneva. I was given the brief instructions of "meet me with your scooter on the platform at the train station at 5:30pm" by Roy on the morning of our Anniversary. I waited eagerly for Roy's train to arrive at the station where he poked his head out of the door of the train so I knew which carriage to hop on so we could continue the train journey North. We hopped off the train at Montreux where I followed Roy down towards the Lake. I knew immediately he was taking me to the statue of Freddie Mercury which stands looking out at the magnificent lake. I'd read about this statue on the net and had wanted to go there for a while so it was pretty exciting that Roy planned to bring me here. We sat down by the statue and admired as the sun went down over the lake and watched the sky change colours all the while drinking a tasty, cold beer that Roy brought in his backpack. My kind of afternoon!









After the sun disappeared over the horizon, we hopped on our trusty scooters and zoomed along the boardwalk to an Indian restaurant that also overlooks the lake. While it wasn't as nice as the fantastic food we ate in India, it was a nice attempt considering we are in Switzerland.



No comments:

Post a Comment