08 April 2011

Spring is here

It seemed like a really quick transition between winter and spring. The temperature seemed to go from highs of 10 degrees to highs of 20-25 degrees in a matter of a week or so. It's nice living in a country where the seasons are really different from each other because in Brisbane it seems like it goes from stinking hot summer to a not-so-cold winter with a couple of days of spring and autumn in between.

I remember the transition into autumn last year was really beautiful with all of the shades of yellow and orange on the mountains and fields and walking through the streets filled with fallen autumn leaves. Now all you see is bright, green fields and trees, flowers blossoming everywhere and the stereotypical sound of spring - birds chirping. It's also really nice to be able to step out of the building without the usual arsenal of jackets, scarves, gloves, beanies, etc. I passed by neighbour yesterday who was sweating and panting after taking her little dog for a walk and she said to me (in french) "It's really hot huh". I smiled politely and replied with "yeh" but I was really thinking "well no, not really. You should try living in Australia". I'm not sure if she noticed that I was wearing jeans and a small cardigan because to us Aussies, it's still kinda chilly outside sometimes.

I've been on the hunt for a hammock to put on our balcony since it's just the right size and it has the hooks already in the walls for a one. I'm dreaming of spending quiet, warm afternoons lying in one whilst reading a good book and listening to the birds tweet and chirp around me.








4 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Tiffa. Hope you find that hammock - it's a hard life hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find the hammock :D But now I just need to work on my knotting skills so I can secure it to the wall. Ahh I'm just imagining the lazy afternoons reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Pics Tiffa!! Wish I was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok thats it, I have to pack up everything and move to Switzerland.;)

    ReplyDelete