13 April 2011

Chapelle du Scex

With the weather being pretty damn nice for the last few weeks Roy and I decided to go for an afternoon stroll up to the Chapel which is nestled in the side of the cliff that looms over St-Maurice. And because I've been lazy and haven't taken a photo of the chapel from down at ground level, I'll link to one I found on flickr. We set off at about 5:30pm which would be a weird time to leave for a hike but because it's Spring and we're now in daylight savings, the sun goes down at around 8:30pm. So there was plenty of time for us to make it up and back home before it got dark.

There were sculptures of people carrying a crucifix at various points up the path and small shrines with candles and flowers also. It was really nice to look out and admire the view of our little town from above.











This was a rose bush (tree) that was taller than me!



The St-Maurice train station


A huge bumblebee!

More Spring goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment