20 September 2010

doing the groceries

One thing that I find funny and annoying is the fact that shops are closed to Sundays, there is no "Late night shopping" and in my little town, the shops shut for an hour and a half everyday, right around lunch time. I can get used to there being no shops open on Sunday because it forces us to be more creative with our weekend. It forces us to get out and be active and explore this land that is filled with amazing scenery and culture. But to close for an hour and a half each day kind of gets annoying.

Most apartments in Switzerland come with a fridge built into the kitchen bench, in our case it's about the size of a bar fridge. And don't get me started about the freezer space. Lets just say... I wouldn't be able to freeze my sneakers if I suddenly lost my mind. So with a small fridge and shops open for limited time it could get rather annoying if one had a busy work schedule. Luckily for us I don't work, which leaves me plenty of time to go to the shop and buy supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment