08 August 2011

MINI TRAINS!!

Now might be the best time to tell you all that I am a bit of a nerd. I spend a lot of time on the internet, I like gadgets and as you probably guessed by the title of this blog, I like trains - especially miniature ones. In fact, I like miniature everything. Yesterday Roy and I went to Swiss Vapeur Parc which is in a little, lakeside town called 'Le Bouveret'. I had read about this place and driven past signs for it on my way to my favourite, Tim Tam-selling French hypermarket, so it was about time that we paid it a visit. When we arrived the anticipation was welling up inside as I heard little "toot" noises from inside the fence. As soon as we entered, there was a miniature platform identical to the typical Swiss railway stations that are dotted everywhere throughout this tiny, mountainous country. When I say miniature, I don't mean the typical size of a miniature railway (on top of a table) set but big enough for kids and adults alike to sit in/on and ride around the little Swiss-themed park. Needless to say, I was much like a little kid eagerly waiting for the train to arrive on the platform so I could push my way onto the carriage for a fun ride. Arrrgh, so much fun!










































1 comment: