04 August 2010

it's been a while!

Well now that I have my computer back I can start blogging about our adventures. Even though I had access to the internet in the last few weeks, I only had my phone to use and it's rather a tedious task to blog on it. So I'm going to try my best to condense the last 3 or so weeks into a few posts and I'll include some pictures too.

I'd been keeping notes from day to day on my phone so I could write a detailed blog about all the things we have been doing but now that it's been a long time since starting our adventure it might be a bit crazy to make it heavily detailed so I will just give you snippets of the fun.

So I've blogged up until we reached England. Our hotel on the first night was okay, it was conveniently right near the Stansted Airport so there was no crazy travelling to be done after our long flight. We had convenient store dinner and Roy had Macca's where we glimpsed our first bunny rabbit and heard our first kid speaking with an English accent (very cute). We also had our first experience with the sun being up really late, it still being light outside until after 10pm.

We caught a coach bus from Stansted to Oxford and I decided to have a bit of a read of my book "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" which was set in England and just as I read about a place called "Hertfordshire" the bus drove through Hertfordshire. It was quite funny! Clare and Sadie picked us up from the bus station in Oxford and they drove us to their flat in Witney where we stayed the night. We got to meet Lily the dog finally! And she's very, very cute!


They took us for a little walking tour of Witney and had some GREAT food at the Plough Inn! The thing I've noticed in the UK is that there is a heap more options for Vegetarians and the labelling of food is great! Things are labelled with "suitable for vegetarians" if it has no animal nasties in it. So I don't have to stand in the middle of the supermarket and read the tiny writing on the ingredients list to work out if I can eat it or not.

England is like something out of a nursery rhyme or story book! It has dandelions, butterflies, fields with cows, puppy dogs and flowers! It's really, really pretty!! Especially Oxfordshire!





These pictures were taken on our walk around Witney.

Clare took us on a double-decker bus to Oxford where we had a bit of an explore before we met up with one of her friends (who lives in London) for lunch. Clare introduced us to probably the best sandwich shop EVER! Pret a manger! There is a large range of really nice sandwiches but every time I go there I can't go past the "Posh cheddar and pickle baguette."






Clare took us to the Covered Market in Oxford so we could buy what I think is one of the tastiest cookies I have eaten in my life. We bought a triple choc chip cookie from "Ben's cookies" and they were fresh out of the oven and 'oh-so-goooood!'


I love the logo because it was illustrated by Quentin Blake who was the illustrator of my favourite author's books Roald Dahl.

After we came home from Oxford, Clare and Sadie drove us to Chipping Norton where we stayed in a self-contained cottage. That brings me up to when the rest of the Wallace's arrive for our big UK adventure! I will leave the Chipping Norton adventures for the next post.

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely and sounds like you had a great time! England is so very pretty hey, I can't wait to see more. Have a great time in Paris and don't forget to feast on some macarons for us!!!

    ReplyDelete