05 July 2010

one of the hardest things about moving overseas

Yesterday we had to say goodbye to my Brother, his Fiancée and probably the coolest kid on the planet, Madison. Travelling and experiencing other cultures sounds like the most fun thing to do but it sucks when you have to leave behind family for a few years.
We went out for a whole day of fun starting with the city to watch my Dad march in the Reserve Forces Day March. We then went to the markets at Riverside where I got a nice present to chat to Madison through Skype with.


When we were in Beijing, Madison and I had a finger puppet of Spongebob that we used to talk with on Skype. I think my new little rock friend will take pride of place on a shelf in our new apartment in Switzerland (when we find an apartment).

It was a fun day of eating, marching, talking, face-painting, balloon making, walking, playing, laughing, tickling, crying, driving, yelling, joking and cuddling.

I'm gonna miss that kid! Thanks to Skype I'll still be able to talk to her.

2 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day!!! Madison is amazing!!!! You all are amazing! I love you! Now I am crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now you made me cry too. I hope you have a wonderful time. Thank god for technology otherwise it would be so much harder.

    ReplyDelete