23 February 2010

Moving to Switzerland!

So Roy's been officially offered the job in Switzerland! The next step is to accept it and then wait for the "Science college" to approve it and then the official stuff happens.. Visa's, contracts, etc, etc. It's so great that we have got just over 4 months till we go so at least (hopefully) the visa process won't be too stressful. Although those 4 months are going to fly by! With lots of stuff to organise before then and Roy's got to finish his thesis.. it's going to be some very eventful (stressful) months.

The town that we're moving to is called Martigny. In my ignorance, I was pronouncing the "G". Must have sounded quite funny to our friends who lived in France for most of a year. I have been enlightened that you don't pronounce the "G" so I will no longer sound funny.. although I think it's funny now because to pronounce it without it, kind of sounds like "Martini".
I've linked to some flickr pics of the town here, here and check out this flickr set here.

I am dreaming of the travel opportunities we are going to have whilst being so close to so many beautiful countries. I'm also very excited about having friends living 7 hours away by road in the Netherlands, who we can pop over to see for a bit of company when we're homesick. Also!! We have other friends that have ALREADY booked their flights for Christmas time! We're going to have our group of 6 travellers together again! (we all travelled to India and Nepal together in October 2009). We're all very excited about having a white Christmas in Switzerland. The thought of sleigh rides in the snow, gingerbread, hot spiced wine, ice-skating (will have to practice before then).. the list goes on with the great things we can do together. Oh so exciting!!!!

I bought a camera in preparation for some serious travelling. I down-sized from a DSLR, up-sized from an old Kodak compact camera and I am getting rid of the video camera that records to tapes. I purchased a Panasonic Lumix LX3 and received it yesterday by courier. I had a bit of a play yesterday and I LOVE IT! It's got great features and picture quality. I find it an excellent compromise of all those things I used to use. It's a bit bigger then most compact digitals but much smaller then a DSLR but with manual functions and heaps of other great features I can tell I'm going to have f taking fun photos of magnificent mountains and beautiful little old buildings. And it even looks cool! I love the old style of it! I've chucked in some photos I took yesterday.










1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I am so excited that we are going to be Euro neighbours!!! You are going to LOVE Switzerland. And Europe in general - so many photo opportunities! Can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete